Sunday, September 30, 2007

Snow in September?

Well, yesterday we had a surprise snow storm sweep across parts of Salt Lake. Hmmm, I didn't expect that for a month at least. There was even some remnants of snow dusting everything in my yard, including my truck, this morning. I would have included a picture, but Dell has the camera with him in California. Too bad, it was the earliest snow storm I can recall. I'm also very glad it didn't start snowing until after Tom, Maren, and I finished our 10 mile run up and down Millcreek Canyon and on Wasatch Blvd. St. George Marathon (next Saturday) here we come!

Oh, I forgot to mention that Dell and I were able to get away overnight to the Anniversary Inn for Dell's birthday last Thursday. We had a free night's stay thanks to Worldmark by Wyndham (yes, we attended their timeshare presentation). My sister, Maren, was kind enough to stay overnight with our four kids and get three of them off to school the next morning. My sister-in-law, Tami, then babysat Troy until the afternoon for us. Their help was really appreciated. Our room was the Carriage Suite and it was very nice. We watched "The Princess Bride" on the television built into the bed. It was nice to enjoy breakfast in bed without the kids jumping on us or trying to eat our food. LOL! The evening of his birthday, the kids and I gave him a Star Wars singing birthday card. On the cover it said, "A Long, Long, Long Time Ago..." and inside it said, "YOU WERE BORN". We thought it was hilarious, but Dell faked anger and chased the kids around and kept saying, "Not Funny", hehehe! He's really feeling his age now that he's 38!

No comments: