Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Forgotten Carols







I was thrilled when Brooklyn asked if we could see "The Forgotten Carols" (by Michael McLean) as the second play she needed to attend for her 9th grade drama class. I had seen the play a few years ago with Dell, my parents, & my friend Kim. Ever since then I've always wanted to take my kids when they were older and could really grasp the important messages portrayed in this beautiful musical. I purchased the DVD last Christmas (the 15th anniversary addition) and watched it with my family. Out of all my kids, Brooklyn seemed to enjoyed it the most. I even found a book with the sheet music for a bargain and Brooklyn learned to play the "music box" song on the piano. She loves to play it year round. Still, it isn't quite the same as watching it live on stage and really getting into the spirit of this wonderful show. So the two of us treated ourselves to an early birthday present (we both have birthdays this month) and went together (well, I paid, of course).
It was as fantastic as I remembered and Brooklyn and I both shed tears during the performance (it's a medical condition called lacrimocystopexy--our bladder is attached to our eyes, LOL). We stayed after and now have the autographs of the cast, including Michael & Lynne McLean, shown in the pictures with Brooklyn and I. Of course, the best part is the spirit of the Holy Ghost testifying of the truth of their message about the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. From the very beginning of the play and beyond the end, the spirit was so strong. It was so powerful it is hard to describe the joy and peace and love that is felt unless you experience it for yourself. My heart overflows with gratitude for the opportunity to share this special experience with my daughter tonight.
Merry Christmas! I Believe!

No comments: