Tuesday, February 3, 2009

1/2 My Life

This is a couple of days late, but on Sunday, February 1, 2009, I have officially been associated with my husband 1/2 my life. We met Friday, February 1, 1991 at his singles ward dance (sort of like the movie he was in) when I was 18 years old. You guessed it, I'm now 36 (hard to admit) and it's February 1st again so by my calculations I've been priviledged to know him 1/2 a lifetime (so far). As Dell would say, "Not long enough!" And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Dell has been a huge blessing in my life (& the lives of many others, too). He has never stopped "dating" me (ie. movies, dinner out, trips together all over the world), often compliments me, loves the Lord and our family as much as he loves me and shows it in his actions and example, works hard & has always provided for our needs and often our wants, plays hard and keeps me feeling young, is super smart and creative, he's the best dad on the planet to our four kids, etc, etc, etc. No question I'm a better person for the time we've spent together. I love him eternally & plan to be with him forever (thanks to our Savior, Jesus Christ). Let the next 18+ years together begin!! (:

No comments: